Friday, June 12, 2015

More Free Bilingual Signs For The Public (Fire and Tornado Safety)

Recently I was inside small business close to where I live. I saw something that really got my attention.  There were two hand drawn signs.  One was for showing where the fire extinguisher was.  (I have said before that we have a large Hispanic population where I live in my small Kentucky ((USA)) town, yes?)  This sign consist of one large arrow and the words in both English and Spanish for "FIRE EXTINGUISHER".  I also saw a sign while I was inside the small hallway that lead to the restrooms (and some other unknown-to-me room...maybe a storage room?) and this sign had a swirly mark and read, "TORNADO SHELTER/TORNADO REFUGIO".

Funny enough, this is not a place that I have noticed having a lot of "Spanish speaking" customers.  

I was happy to see that the owner/operators cared enough to mark safety items/places in both languages especially considering that the need didn't seem that great.

I asked the lady at the register why they needed those signs in both languages (I just wanted to hear what she had to say.)  She told me, "We think that safety comes first!  I don't care what language you speak if you can help put out a fire, or if you need to get to away from a tornado!" She was quite excited about it and almost seemed offended that I had even asked!  I liked that!  She then went on to tell me (still quite excitedly) that even if someone chose not to follow the signs to the shelter area, at least they would know to get out of the way!  And that no one wanted to burned alive!  

At this point I smiled, agreed with her and thanked her (and the owner through her) for their thoughtfulness and told her that I had never seen this kind of all inclusive community positiveness around here!  Being from a bi-lingual family and having friends and loved ones (related or not) that may possibly need to be in on the emergency stuffs, and just on the chance that these signs might be needed...they posted them, they now have a shopper for life in me!  Way to go small business!!!  (After this is posted I will invite the store owner/operator that inspired this post to read this and if they chose to be named I will gladly post their name, for they are pioneers around these parts!!!)

I then wanted to see about printing off some nice clear copies and laminating them up for these folks and making up a few more to offer for free around town (at least the fire extinguisher ones, not every place has a tornado shelter.)  I went first to the good old internet for some free copy.  I am thoughtful, but cheap!  What did I find that I could download and/or print for free in these two categories?  NOTHING.

Not surprised, I have been there before as some of my older post show.  And if I can't find...I create it!  And I can not in good conscience not offer this up for free!  I have this site and it needs to serve a purpose.  So, in the art of paying it forward (the Lord is good to me and has blessed me with a time and tools to create what would help me and mine....I shall in return share these things with you and yours!)  :)  If these free printable signs help save ONE person....just one, then they have served their purpose! And who knows?  It may just start a wave that gets others attentions, and they might just post their own signs, hence maybe saving MORE lives!

Without further ado, I am listing these two bi-lingual signs that I created below.  Just click the links below the pictures and they will direct you to the printable versions.  These can also be downloaded for future use.  







Remember, just by printing and hanging these, even if the chances that they may be needed are small you may still help save a life...maybe even your own!  :D

NOTE: Laminating is not necessary, but will help to keep these signs clean, readable and protected, as well as making them safe to hang outside if need be! :)

Feel free to share this on Facebook or Pin it, or just spread around their availability by word of mouth!  Safety First! :)   (And you can't beat the price!)

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment